SLIDER

Glossier / NYC



I recently went to New York with work, and of course had to drop by the Glossier shop/showroom on Lafayette Street. I've heard so many good things about the brand, and love the concept 'skin first, makeup second'. When you've got skin as dry as I do, you really have to focus on skincare. If you have a bad skin day makeup can almost seem pointless - dry and flakey skin never looks good, especially not covered in foundation. 

Glossier is currently not available in the UK, but will start to ship to Britain this autumn. They recently hosted a one-day-only pop up shop in London, which I of course missed. I'm absolutely gutted that I did, as I would've loved to pick up a few more of their products. 


I love the concept of the showroom in New York, and I hope they eventually bring something similar to London. It was such a nice shopping experience, with products beautifully displayed for you to swatch and play with. You fill out one of their pink Glossier menus, ticking of what you'd like to purchase from a check list. Everything is very on brand, even the super cute, pink overalls the staff wears (if anyone knows where to get one, please let me know!). 


I really regret not picking up more of their products, because I'm so pleased with the two I purchased. I was running low on concealer anyway, and their Stretch Concealer was just so beautiful and creamy. It goes on quite sheer, but layers very nicely so you can build up more coverage. It's easy to blend and not at all drying, it's rather very moisturising. At the moment I don't know what would make me use any other concealer ever again. I have used it almost every day for a month now and you can barely tell, which makes me feel like this little pot of goodness will last me a lifetime (or if not, at least a very long time). 

I also bought their Generation G lipstick in 'Cake'. It's also quite sheer, yet matte, but just as the concealer it is easy to build up a bit more colour should you want to. It's very moisturising, and feels more like a lip balm than a lipstick when on your lips. 


After being so pleased with their concealer, I now really want to try out their foundation, or, as it's called, their Perfecting Skin Tint. If there is any makeup product I'm quite fussy about (except for eyebrow products, but that's just because #anastasiabrows) it's my foundation/base. My skin gets really dry, so I need a foundation which is moisturising and keeps my skin feeling hydrated throughout the day, without making me greasy. As my skin is so dry, I use a lot of products to keep it healthy, many of them being rich and heavy moisturisers or oils, so my foundation also needs to be able to deal with that. My two all time favourites are the Diorskin Nude BB Cream (I use 003 Medium) and the YSL Touche Eclat Le Teint Foundation (I use B40), both not even those can keep up with my skin some days. I feel like Glossier's Perfecting Skin Tint might be more like a BB cream than a foundation, which I'm happy with. On days when my eczema isn't flared up, my skin is actually quite nice except for the odd dry patch, which comes down to an extensive skin care routine (read: regime), so I don't need anything which is too full coverage for everyday use. And if this foundation/skin tint is anything like their concealer, I don't foresee any problems with building up a little bit more coverage if needs be. One of the key ingredients in the skin tint is glycerin, which means it would also help keeping skin moisturised throughout the day.

In addition to their foundation, I really would like to get my hands on their Haloscope Highlight Stick, their new Wowder (because if there was any powder which my skin would be able to handle, it would probably be this) and of course their serums! I'm a sucker for a good serum and consider it the most vital step of my skincare routine - I'd never ever miss it. I did also try their Priming Moisturiser whilst in New York, it's quite rich and heavy which is exactly what my skin needs, and as soon as Glossier starts to ship to the UK I will add that, their Rosewater Spray and Moisturising Moon Mask to my basket. 

Have you tried any of the Glossier products yet? If so, what's your thoughts on them and is there any products which you'd recommend?

Speak soon!

Josefine x

SparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSparaSpara

Inga kommentarer

Skicka en kommentar

© JOSEFINE • Theme by Maira G.